Effective immediately, masks must be worn on all “public maritime vessels” in the United States. This mandate includes all commercial vessels used for dive charters or other dive-related activities.
Operators are required to use best efforts to make sure that any person on the vessel wears a mask when getting on, getting off and during travel. Best efforts include:
- “Boarding only those persons who wear masks.
- “Instructing persons that Federal law requires wearing a mask on the conveyance and failure to comply constitutes a violation of Federal law.
- “Monitoring persons on board the conveyance for anyone who is not wearing a mask and seeking compliance from such persons.
- “At the earliest opportunity, disembarking any person who refuses to comply. Providing persons with prominent and adequate notice to facilitate awareness and compliance of the requirement of this Order to wear a mask.
- “Best practices may include, if feasible, advanced notifications on digital platforms, such as on apps, websites, or email; posted signage in multiple languages with illustrations; printing the requirement on transit tickets; or other methods as appropriate.”