Dive computers have come a long way. From something that was the size of a Roman brick in the early 90's, to a slim, light wrist-mounted computer, that has more processing power than the computer that landed man on the moon 52 years ago.
The latest feature-rich, watch-style dive computer is the MISSION ONE. This is a great mid-priced dive computer, designed for scuba and freediving.
Apparently the user interface is intuitive, and it has an easy-to-use menu. It has four modes - air, Nitrox (21% - 40%), freediving and gauge – and runs the Bühlmann ZHL-16c (GF configurable) model.
This elegant computer has a clear, uncluttered screen and a highly visible, easy-to-read 1.2″ Hi-Res colour display. It benefits from a digital compass, and an integrated constant bright backlight. (Pretty much essential when diving in low viz / low light conditions.) It has three alerts - audible, vibrating and visual (flashing displays).
The rechargeable MISSON ONE has a depth rating of 100 m / 328 ft, and is capable of storing 100 dives. You can download the dive log via the APP and a USB connection.
- Depth Rating: 100 m / 328 ft
- Measurements: 50.5 x 50.5 x 18 mm / 1.9 x 1.9 x 0.7 in
- Weight: 90 g / 3.1 oz
- Lens Material: Strengthen anti-wear high-transmission glass
- Case Material: Fibre-reinforced polymer
- Display Type: 1.2”, sunlight-visible, transflective, hi-res colour display
- Bezel and Button Material: 316L Stainless Steel
- Watch Band: Silicone, width 24 mm / 0.9 in
- Languages: Chinese, English, Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese
- Logbook Memory: 100 dives
- Units: Metric, Imperial
- Firmware: Upgradable via a USB
- Firmware Version: 1.019 (2.019 Korean)
- Features: Alarm Clock, 12 / 24 hour clock, GPS, Barometric altimeter, Digital Compass, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Thermometer, Depth sensor, Freedive stopwatch
- Modes: Air, Niitrox, Freediving, Gauge
- Gas: Single gas (21% - 40% EANx), Gas Max PPO2 (1.2 to 1.6)
- Decompression Model: Bühlmann ZHL-16c (GF configurable)
- Activation: In-water
- Dive Information: Dive Planner, Depth alarm, Time alarm, Surface time, No-Fly time (with 24-hour countdown), Sunrise / Sunset time
- Alerts and Alarms: Fast Ascent, Safety Stop, Low NDL, Deco Stop, Deco Stop Ceiling Violation, Dive Time, Depth, Low Battery, MOD, CNS
- Alarm methods: Visual, Vibration, Audible Buzzer
- Connectivity / Smart Notification: ATMOS™ App (iOS/Android) / (iOS/Android)
- Battery Life: Diving (backlight off) up to 10 hours, (back mid) up to 15 hours